A review for See How She Runs (The Chronicles of Izzy #1) by Michelle Graves

See How She Runs  - Michelle  Graves

See How She Runs was a really good introduction to the ‘Chronicles of Izzy’.
In this story we meet Izzy, a bike messenger, she’s 24 nearly 25, lives with her best friend – Kennan – who works in a bar and happens to be male. Izzy is just going about her usual business when she is asked to deliver a letter to the head of a corporation, upon delivery she gets really bad vibes from the man and tells her boss that she won’t deliver to him anymore. When she tells Kennan about this man, he gets angry but when the man apparently bumps into her and asks her on a date….Kennan packs her bags because Izzy is about to find out that her whole life has been a lie and that man from the corporation wants her, for her abilities?!? Izzy is in for a quick study as she finds out she is a Seer and that Kennan is in fact her Guardian and with the corporation after her, she has no other choice but to run.
I really enjoyed this book, I thought Izzy was a great character and had a great voice that you could easily connect with, she dealt with things with humour and even though her world was changing so much, she never pitied herself or her situation. Kennan was perfect for her and they created some hot sexual tension in a will they, won’t they romantic scenario that brought some sweetness to the plot as Izzy tries to come to terms with seeing her friend in a different light and Kennan battling between his feelings for Izzy and his obligation to her.
The storyline was good, the premise is that Izzy is a Seer (something she was unaware of) and each Seer comes with a Guardian who can be hundreds of years old before he finds his Seer, Kennan happens to be Izzys Guardian. The corporation is the bad side of the Seer/Guardian lifestyle where they would capture a Seer and use her for profit, so you can understand the need for Izzy to run. This book focuses on Izzy finding out about the world she is really from and who people are around her, who the enemy is, how they operate and of course her training in her powers and how to defend herself with just that smidge of romance. I found it intriguing, Seers aren’t that popular in books so I found it a nice change from the norm and I enjoyed immersing myself in their world and will be reading book 2 very soon.

Source: http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/blog-tour-see-how-she-runs-chronicles.html