A review for Blood Magic (Soul Tracker #1) by T.G. Ayer

Blood Magic (SoulTracker #1) (The SoulTracker Series) - T.G. Ayer

Blood Magic (SoulTracker #1) by T.G. Ayer

My name is Mel Morgan and I'm a Tracker. I find people for a living. The people I help have no idea I know exactly how they feel because I've lost someone too. If only I could have found the one person I've been looking for all these years.

My current case is no ordinary abduction. Before long I'm neck deep in blood magic - the worst kind. I need the help of a necromancer if I'm to free the kid. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

When sexy djinn Saleem asks for help things get a little hot to handle. But how can I say know? Dodging demons and sorcerers are just part of my day job.

The review

Blood Magic is the thrilling introduction to the SoulTracker series by T.G Ayer and as always with her writing – it does not disappoint!

I thought the book was a great idea and I love it when we have an investigation type scenario that has a supernatural twist. I really liked Mel’s character and connected to her straight away, she’s capable, she has magic, she can get herself out of most situations, she has a mentor, some awesome friends and even her own stalker, not to mention a background that is very intriguing and begging to be told plus I have a feeling that it will feature heavily throughout the series – which excites me! Even though the Djinn – Saleem – is mentioned as a possible love interest, I think vibes could be felt elsewhere too, maybe a one way thing but it’s always a possibility…. Saleem did sound yummy, he has an interesting background too and I love a good connection so I’ll be curious to see where his & Mel’s chemistry goes.

The storyline was great, Mel – being a tracker – is hired by the parent of a child that has gone missing and having become disillusioned with the police investigation, hires Mel because she has 100% tracking record and is the best. Although this is a job for Mel, she is easily swayed in this case and money isn’t the issue for her, the fact that a child is missing hits a little too close to home and becomes determined to reunite the child with her father, but is there more to this than meets the eye? For all the disappearances are the main thread of the book, it isn’t just a matter of finding the child… that just opens the world right up and we get all kinds of supernatural like witches, Djinn, demons, soultrackers, necromancers and find there are different realms inhabiting these supes and then there is the magic, white magic, dark magic and as the title suggest – blood magic – turning the book in a magical banquet with limitless possibilities. I loved all of this, I was totally engrossed throughout the book, waiting for answers on the child, on Mel’s background, on everyone elses background, why is she being stalked? What really happened? And lots more and just to keep us on our toes there are a couple of little twists and turns thrown in for good measure, I’m really impressed to say the least and already eager for book 2.